Can I download Windows 7 and buy a key after?

CaptainRobbie

Hi all,

Ive been working on building my own Gaming PC for a while now, and have finally put together all my hardware, except now i need an OS. Would it be possible to create a boot DVD for my computer, which would install windows 7 onto my brand new computer (through the BIOS I'm guessing?). This way i would only have to purchase a serial key (if you can do that) and not have to spend a ridiculous amount of money in Curry's etc.

Cheers, Rob.

IMHO
I don't know what W7 Enterprise key will cost, but the most cost effective for building your own is to purchase the Windows 7 professional OEM, normally $139.95 everywhere.

Yes, but

Yes you can, but if you download a pirated version of it, you risk the chance of getting one or more viruses and you won't get any support from Microsoft.

The link I provided in my initial post is the official download from MS. I have since found this link which is also MS that may suit your needs a little better. With this link you can download and purchase at the same time with the option to include a back-up disc for an extra $14.94. Without the disc the download and key are $119.

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-7-Home-Premium-Upgrade/product/B0F9E641

Good Luck!

Edit: I should include this is Home Premium Ed. Others versions are available for additional cost up to $199.

Back