Can I Fit More Than Two Drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmDuSeR

Hi,

This may be a stupid question, I have just installed a K8N neo2 Platinum motherboard. It has 1 hard drive slot, 1 disk drive slot, and a floppy drive slot.

I would like to run four drives from this motherboard, 2 DVD and 2 CD, is this possible?

I am gussing it is just a case of getting another cable, or is it more than that?

Thanks for reading,,,,,,,, sorry for the boring question! LOL :hotouch:

From what I saw of the Mobo it has 4 sata connections and two IDE so you could run 4 IDE optical drives on it if your using sata hard drives for the OS.

I am using IDE hard drive

Is there any way around this, or will i have to buy sata hard drive? I didnt think you could run the OS on a sata hard drive though?

Yes, you can run an OS on a SATA HDD. I've recently built two PCs with only a single SATA HDD configuration.

One way around this is to install a IDE controller card into a free PCI slot.

Is there any way around this

just curious but where exactly where you planning to have your IDE hard drive with the OS on it if you want to load all four of your IDE channels with optical drives?

the only other way to have four optical drives would be to make the DVD Burners sata optical drives ( plextor) then you could use one of the IDE channels for and IDE hard drive.

Thanks for all of the advice. I will probably go for an IDE controller card and solve it that way.

Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back