Can I fix a broken USB 3D Sound card (audio/microphone adapter)?

lise428

http://www.uxsight.com/product/45675/usb-music-lead-sound-tide-audio-controller.html
model : HY554

This is the sound card I bought for my laptop (Dell Inspirion E1505; about 4 years old) since its internal sound card broke. Within 1 day, the USB broke. I don't understand why the manufacturers would decide to create removable plastic coverings over the metals and wires - the top plastic can easily come off, and it's happened before but I just stick it back together. The next day, I'm unable to hear audio play through my earphones/speaker via the USB. I got it for $13 + tax at a cheap chinese tech store. (I went to a different chinese tech store too but it sold the exact same thing for a higher price)

I don't understand what went wrong for the metals and wires for the whole USB to not work anymore. can I fix this?

Buy new ones. Cost is less for replacement than the cost of fixing. Look for better qualtiy. Consider doing a gurgle search or go to TigerDirect,com, Directron.com, Frys.com, TechSpot.com or any of the hundred other computer parts places... or, of course, eBay, or BestBuy

They build them cheap, so you can buy them cheaply... but better ones are commonly available.

Back