Can I Get Help With My Log Plz Ill Will Try To Post It As An Attatchment

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i think i posted it as an attachment plz help me my online gaming is very slow thus causing me alot of grief so if possible can you help me i have posted my log from hijackthis

are you sure how can norton which is sopposed to help my cpu actually effect my online gaming? and wats bloatware

thanks for ur response

I don't know what's causing your problem - I'm not even sure it IS a problem, since you didn't yet specify your system or your connection - but you should check if your ISP has an option to activate Fastpath (if you have DSL). That means that Interleaving is deactivated which makes for much lower ping rates, because data packets are only sent once and not checked back and send again on demand as Interleaving does. Of course, that means you'd have no error correction.
Fastpath is only available within bigger cities because the closer you are to an ISP node, the lower is the chance of corrupt packets happening, thus less need for Interleaving and higher chances for Fastpath to be an option.
You have to pay a fee any time you change between the two options.

i-need-help said:
norton is supposed to help my cpu
Norton does nothing for your CPU, on the contrary, it eats CPU-time!
i-need-help said:
actually effect my online gaming?
Having less resources left (CPU/memory) after Norton has taken it's unfair share, your PC struggles with other activities. Perhaps more RAM?

bloatware

(blōt´wãr) (n.) jargon Software that has lots of features and requires considerable disk space and RAM. As the cost of RAM and disk storage has decreased, there has been a growing trend among software developers to disregard the size of applications. Some people refer to this trend as creeping featuritis. If creeping featuritis is the symptom, bloatware is the disease.

where can i accses this ISP that you talk about do you mean contactin rogers which is my internet service provider if not can you plz tell me how to ge to ISP and how to accses FastPath and black guy how do you know norton is not helpin my compuetr

Seems like Rogers doesn't have the Fastpath option. Actually, I'm German and could only tell you about German ISPs, sorry.
Realblackstuff is right, there are a lot of tools running in background, that could easily affect your ping. I think a firewall would do more for you than all that stuff, but I'm not the right person to ask because I care next to nothing about security...

yea thanks man do you know where i can get a free firewall and wut kinda firewalls do u suggest... and about teh norton stuff are u sure cuz i had norton b4 and i did not have this problem with online gaming it was very smooth are u sure that in my log there arent any nasties and other problems that might affect my ping other then norton

thaks

I have no clue about firewalls, really. I'm using a Sygate Personal Firewall (not registered) and that's pretty much all I do for security (no AV installed and never was for all those years).

I can see almost nothing else but Norton/Symantec in your log so, yes, from the looks of it that is fine. You could run AdAware or Spybot to make even more sure there's nothing bugging you.

Perhaps your ISP has trouble at the moment. That is not unheard of. You could ask them if you believe it really got bad.

Go into a command session and type in tracert www.yourgamewebsite.com
This will show you how your 'ping' hops around.
One of them will have a larger amount of time before it gets there.
It will show names of who the route-signal is 'visiting', so it's easy to pinpoint him.
Repeat this tracert a few times at different times of day, especially during your normal 'game time'.

Free firewalls for personal use are available from http://soho.sygate.com or www.kerios.com or www.agnitum.com
Free antivirus from http://free.grisoft.com (AVG) or www.avast.com (Avast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back