TechSpot

Can i get the full performance of a Gddr5 vga from a G41 motherboard?

By LAZERXX
Apr 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Guys many people say I cant because the G41 has only a pci express slot 2. If its correct please tell me a vga to buy..
  2. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TS Booster Posts: 152   +24

Could you please specify what Make and exact model the motherboard is? G41 does not help much. Is it Intel, Gigabyte, MSI, etc... More information is needed before we can help you.
  3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

That's not true.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,978   +1,487

I'm not sure your reason for asking is even relevant to the answer of the question.

There is both fast and slow graphics cards that use GDDR5 memory. GDDR memory is used internally the graphics card and is not effected by motherboard properties.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...97&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

I'm fairly certain you could gain full advantage of the slower cards, where faster cards would be bottle-necked by the LGA775 platform (which includes the G41 chipset)
  5. LAZERXX

LAZERXX TS Rookie Topic Starter

its an asrock motherboard.. thanks for all replies

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.