Jan 24, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My system configuraion

AMD 3200+
    ATI Xpress200 motherboard
    512 MB RAM
    160 GB Hard disk

Can anyone tell me can use nvidia PCI express graphics card.

Radhakrishnan

2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

It should work. I don't think ati chipsets require ati cards, nor nvidia chipsets nvidia cards.

3. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom TS Rookie Posts: 256

of course. ATI just put one of their little chipsets on any manufacturers' motherboards. But you can disable this and use an Nvidia card in the PCI-E slot.

4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

Yeah it will work but if ATI finds out they will send out their stealthy ninja attack team to get you. :haha:

5. SCHUMIinSA

SCHUMIinSA TS Rookie Posts: 162

Yeah it should work. There is no problem with cross-running competition hardware. I have an Asus A8NE-FM with nVidia NForce 4 Technology and I am running an ATI Radeon X850XT on it without any conflicts.

I don't know if any older boards with AGP 8x have the ATI Xpress200 onboard graphics on them, but just to be safe make sure that you motherboard supports PCI Express.

6. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

just to add on...xpress200 chipsets our only offered with PCI express no agp.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.