Jan 21, 2008
  1. Hi,
    My system specs are:
    Pentium D 2.8Ghz
    RAM 2GB DDR2 533Mhz
    Mobo - Mercury PVM7 Pro Version 1.0
    nVidia GeForce 128MB 5200FX AGP 8x
    80GB Seagate SATA

Can I run NFS Prostreet?? I have installed the game just now. Its running but even under the lowest config., I m unable to get more than 1-2FPS(a guess). It cant be played right now. So, is there some problem with the game or my specs are too low...... :(
    Thanks in advance.
    REgards,
    TheHacker

2. thehacker

thehacker TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 176

I checked my specs at systemrequirementlabs.com. It says my GPU is the cause. But that even says I cant run NFS Carbon, but that runs pretty smoothly on my system.

3. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 213

*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 greater (GeForce MX series not supported); ATI Radeon 9500 or greater.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=18349

according to the requirements you are a under on the GPU. You can pick up a 6600 or fairly cheap now sub $75 id think.

NFS carbon only requires a GeForce 4 Ti which you surpass currently.

4. thehacker

thehacker TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 176

Can you tell me whats the difference between FX5950 and FX5200? I mean how much core clock and memory clock freq. difference is there?

5. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.