Can I upgrade my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i upgrade my laptop(Toshiba Satellite P100) graphic card.
Because im a gamer and i want to play Team fortress 2.
And i dont really know if i can upgrade my laptop
plz help me! D:

No. Video is integrated to the motherboard and unless you replace that you cannot change video. If it was a desktop you would probably be able to disable on board video and install your own video card but not with a laptop.

In most cases, laptops are fully integrated. That means there are not separate cards for video, audio, network, ... It's one of the sacrifices you make for the sake of potability.

If you really are a gamer, you should have a desktop computer, not a laptop. And it should be a customer desktop too! Gaming is high performance computing and laptops are not designed for that purpose. Laptops are for portability.

Buy a customer desktop gaming computer.

Best,
-- Andy

"Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 Mobile Dual Core Processor
2GB PC2-5400 DDR2 Memory
160GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
8x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner
17" WSXGA+ (1680x1050) LCD Display and NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GTX 512MB Graphics"...

Not bad specs for a laptop. If you can't play Team fortress 2 now, I'm afraid there's nothing more you can do to upgrade

about the only thing to upgrade is the HD to a 7200 rpm drive. Wouldn't really make much of a difference in gaming.

Where did you get those specs Tmagic650? There are several models of the P100 and they dont all have a 7900gtx GPU.

lastoria: There is more to the model # beyond the P100, can you list it all? The main upgrade to laptops is to add more memory for perfomance especially if you may be running Vista and have less than 2GB RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back