Can I upgrade my video card on my Inspiron 1500?

By jdmnino
Feb 17, 2008
  1. I purchased my Dell Inspiron 1500 almost a year ago. At the time when I picked out what I wanted for it, I kinda skipped out on the video card and just put on the basic 32 bit. I bought a game that I really wanted to play, but it needed double what I had. I go to Best Buy to see if I can change the video card and they say whatever I have is what I have. He also said if I wanted to upgrade the video card that I would be better off just buying a new laptop. Is that true?
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,260   +92

I'd assume your laptop's video card is integrated (meaning it is built into the motherboard) and I highly doubt your motherboard has an expansion slot for a new one. So, yes, it is probably true.
  3. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 310

have a look here and check if there are upgrades available for your specific model
  4. Matthew

I already looked through the possible upgrades for the 1501 earlier and saw nothing just to spare you some time jdmnino.
  5. jdmnino

jdmnino TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks my friend, I didnt see anything either. I researched some sites and a lot of people said that once the laptop is made your basically stuck with what video card you have on it. Oh well...
  6. Matthew

Yep, they pretty much never provide the flexibility as a desktop system. Most components are integrated or soldered, and they generally don't conform to industry standard form factors.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.