Can I use a Sony HT-CT80 soundbar as speakers on desktop

cableman

I have a Dell Precision T5400 running windows 7 (64 bit) probably going to upgrade to windows 10 soon. It has 16mb RAM with a 64mb solid state hard drive for fast start up and a regular 500gb sata hard drive for storing all the information, etc. I also have a Sony model HT-CT80 soundbar that I would like to use as my speaker for this computer if it is possible. The preferred connection to the soundbar is an optical cable although it does have input for analog cable as well as bluetooth capability. Can anyone tell me if I can make this sound bar work with my desktop and if so what do I need to go to make that happen. Thank you in advance for any advice.

I have a Dell Precision T5400 running windows 7 (64 bit) probably going to upgrade to windows 10 soon. It has 16mb RAM with a 64mb solid state hard drive for fast start up and a regular 500gb sata hard drive for storing all the information, etc. I also have a Sony model HT-CT80 soundbar that I would like to use as my speaker for this computer if it is possible. The preferred connection to the soundbar is an optical cable although it does have input for analog cable as well as bluetooth capability. Can anyone tell me if I can make this sound bar work with my desktop and if so what do I need to go to make that happen. Thank you in advance for any advice.
If you have an optical out on the desktop, then yes you can do that as I have done similar on my machine. If you can find a way to hook it to the machine, you can set it as your output device and it will work. I have seen much crazier things hooked to a desktop as speakers.

If you do not have an optical or output you can use that will go to those speakers, the next option is to buy a sound card and add it into the machine so you can.

Back