Can I Use Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronobono

First off I dont know what model computer i have, all I know is that its A gateway made in 2002. I know its old but its all i can afford. Anyways i got a graphics card thats a agp. Now heres the prob, I went 2 put in the card and theres no agp slot or a pci slot. So is there no hope for me getting a graphics for my computer? :unch:

If there is no AGP slot, then you won't be able to use that AGP card, as you have already found out.

But you say there are no PCI slots? That is odd (although I admit I know nothing about gateway comptuers).

Usually there is a sticker on the gateways that tell you your model number. Have a look all over you case, and see if you find any numbers. If you find any, google them to find your gateway model.

Thanx for the tips

I think i wrote it wrong when I said there was no pci slots. There is pci slots but i look up what the pci video cards look like and they look diff then the normal pci slots. Unless theres normal pci video cards becuse the all the pci video cards i have found are pci express and they look longer. If anyone knows if there are video cards that will fit in a normal pci slot plz let me know. Thanx for any help.

Hi ronobono,
Please try to look at your case for a sticker or lettering to determing what Gateway model PC you truly have, as previously posted by Don above.

From there, we can properly advise you if you have the proper hardware to upgrade your PC.

this sux

Well I looked for a sticker and the only one i see on there is the windows xp sticker and serial number. On the back there is a model number I dont know if it will help but its- mfatxstl kth 3005. I went to gateway.com but i still dont know how to figure out what type of compter i have. Only other info i have is motherboard part number and its says this about the memory 128-mb 133/700/66-mhz-64bit-4clock 16x8 sdram dimm. Dont know what that means but thats what it says. One last thing is I looked in the computer above the little pci slots and i can see where an agp slot would go but theres nothin there,could i maybe get the agp slot put on or would i need to buy a whole new motherboard? Also if I could buy a agp slot or whatever its called? Around how mutch would that cost? Thanx for any help.
Almost forgot...Is there any other way to find out what model compter I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back