Can my computer support this graphics card?

Xenonium

Hello there, I am looking to upgrade my current built-in graphics card to a faster one so I can run games at higher qualities and with higher FPS. My PC specification is as follows:
- Windows 10 Professional x64
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 Motherboard
- AMD A8-6600K Processor (built in AMD Radeon HD 8570D Graphics)
- 500 Watt PSU
The graphics card I would like to get is an MSI AMD Radeon R7 370, which is a pretty big upgrade from what I have right now.
Is my computer compatible with this graphics card?

Depending on the quality of the PSU, you should not have a problem with the upgrade. You have enough wattage to run it, but if you have a generic "off brand" PSU, you might not have enough power to sustain the usage of the card. I would say, go ahead and get the video card.

Depending on the quality of the PSU, you should not have a problem with the upgrade. You have enough wattage to run it, but if you have a generic "off brand" PSU, you might not have enough power to sustain the usage of the card. I would say, go ahead and get the video card.
The PSU is a Winpower AD-E500AE-A5/A6 (I just checked the label), is this fine?
Are the rest of the components fine too?

I agree with Cycloid. The rail issue will make things slightly complicated. I'm not saying that your current PSU can't be used, but it would be advisable to get a newer/better one. If you do use your current PSU, you will have to use the "Molex to 6 pin" adapter that should be included with the purchase of the video card, because your current PSU does not appear to come with any 6 pin connectors built into itself. I would also suggest that you do not overclock the video card with your current PSU.
If you let us know what kind of budget you have, we can assist in finding the best combination of upgrades for your system.

I agree with Cycloid. The rail issue will make things slightly complicated. I'm not saying that your current PSU can't be used, but it would be advisable to get a newer/better one. If you do use your current PSU, you will have to use the "Molex to 6 pin" adapter that should be included with the purchase of the video card, because your current PSU does not appear to come with any 6 pin connectors built into itself. I would also suggest that you do not overclock the video card with your current PSU.
If you let us know what kind of budget you have, we can assist in finding the best combination of upgrades for your system.
What power supply would you recommend for the graphics card I would like?
Price is no matter in this question, it was just something my dad wanted to ask.

It depends on all the things you have inside your computer and attached to it. You need to identify the power requirement for each part...and total them up.

NewEgg has a power supply calculator which is usually 'high', so I use the MSI one (link above). The NewEgg calculator will certainly give you 'enough'.

You listed:
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 Motherboard
- AMD A8-6600K Processor (built in AMD Radeon HD 8570D Graphics)

In addition, you have mouse, keyboard, any hard drives, any DVD drives, special cards (like sound or TV), RAM by number of sticks and type (2 sticks or 4 or more?) and any other stuff attached by USB and relying on the computer PSU.

When it comes to buying PSU, I shop at NewEgg (using Power Search so I can set criteria fo the things I need) and I would look for a large single +12 volt rail. I might also check price and shipping cost at Amazon and a few other places.

There is a lot to learn about computers...this is a good place to start.

I tried the MSI test and it says the minimum power supply I need is 349w, though it is likely that I will be buying more components in the future (faster processor, etc.).

Applying 'headroom' 349w x 150% = 523w, so around 600w with a bit of room for more powerful CPU.

Go to Newegg.com and go to components and power supplies and Power Search - put in desired elements (type / size / special connectors [4, 6, 8 pin, etc] - you may have to look up motherboard and graphics card to get them all). Then see if you can find one you like - read some of the reviews to learn more.

They both look quite good. The reviews indicate that a small number come with 'infantile failure' issues and may end up with noisy (bad bearings on fan), but most buyers like them. Just be sure that the various pin connectors work with your motherboard and new graphics card. You may wish to hang on to the old PSU, in case these issues arise. Review the manuals one last time... (as the old Yankee carpenter advised, "Measure twice, cut once.")

Back