Can not burn DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

j frank l

i have a hp200i dvd burner that worked fine in another pc.that pc crashed so i installed the burner in an older computer.it burns cds fine, but every time i try to burn a data disc to dvd at the very end, up comes a error trouble shoot. i have tried re-installing several times.

Hello, and welcome to TS.

As far as I understand you can burn the DVD and at the end it gives you error message -or- you cant burn one at all? In any situation try to update the drivers for the burner.
Also it is good if you provide us with the specs of the PC in question. OS, CPU, RAM,... and any specs about the problem area.

How about this:...
pioneerx01 said:
As far as I understand you can burn the DVD and at the end it gives you error message -or- you cant burn one at all? In any situation try to update the drivers for the burner.

no it does not burn at all, it starts to load and gives estimated time to finish then it shows an error box

What Os?

Forget the title.

Maybe the source data disk is bad. Can you try burning it on another computer are create a new data/source disk?

j frank l said:
data can be burned to a cd-r disc, but not a dvd+r disc

Maybe your burner supports only DVD-R disks not DVD+R?
EDIT:
Never mind it is +RW I have just checked
Q1: what burning software are you using?
Q2: and what exactly are you burining? .avi, .doc, .iso, .img, .rar? DVD video maybe?
Q3: Do you get any messages or anything else? and what do they say...

I think pioneerx01 is on the right track - you need to run the software (Nero?) that was bundled with the drive when new.

i use software that came with burner, hp record now, but i have tried other programs . the error reads check disc for scratches or dirt in the troubleshoot after it starts loading files it gives estimated time until finish. im adding files like pictures and music just cleaning some filesoff pc.

Try getting a different software. Nero is a good investment. They have recently came up with version 8 (I think due to Vista), but version 7 is good to. Try looking on ebay for cheaper prices...

i have 2 hard drives windows xp is on c drive 250 gig, which is corrupt. the other hard drive is d 40 gig with the os windows xp that i had to install to keep pc running. my question can i delete the os on c sending it to recycle bin safely by removing it this way. maybe this has somthing to do with my dvd burner.

i have 2 hard drives windows xp is on c drive 250 gig, which is corrupt
That is a very important piece of the information.
Q4: are you burning data from 250GB?
Only sure way of getting the OS from your slave driver (that I know of) is to fully format the hard drive. I do not believe that PC will let you delete the "windows" folder even if you are not using it. This might have something to do with your burner, but I cant say for sure as I have never had something like this happen to me.

Also I am not sure of you PC experience level, but if did not set up the PC correctly the windows might still be booting from the corrupt drive which could be why you cant burn.
Q5: Can you say for sure (100%) that your PC is booting from the 40GB?

Side note: tis is why I love TS all the interesting problems that I did not experience.

pc would not boot up on c hard drive and i couldnt repair. so i installed windows xp on second hard to keep running. pc is running slow but working, i just dont like that corrupt windows is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back