Can not download demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_seeker

Windows xp sp2 w/norton internet security 2008
Every time i try to download demo stops at 86% downloaded.I got the demo would not extract said not responding.I got the install said the archive is either unknown format or damaged cannot open.Turn off norton internet security same thing happened.Ran scan disk nothing.Can anyone help ME.

So you tried my suggestions in you other thread, and still the problem remains ?

Just to recap those - delete the failed download,and redownload from another sever,

and download to a different folder,and use a download manager.

What is your connection speed ?

Make sure you have plenty of disk space,and temp files have been cleared.

Do a full antispyware scan with several different programs (Spybot,AVG anti-spyware).

Maybe you could tell us what the demo is and where your downloading from ?

Getting rid of that norton rubbish would be a very good idea. Its unreliable and a resource hog and could be the root of your problem. You say you turned it off, ive seen enough HJT logs to know that even when turned off it still runs and causes problems.
Get rid of it, you wont believe how much quicker your pc will be after doing it.
Follow the instructions below if you decide to follow my advice.

Download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back