Can only get to Bios in Setup mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the motherboard and there is no post unless I reset the jumper to access the Bios set up mode. While in that, it correctly shows my cpu, HD's, Ram, etc so I think everything is working, but when I reset the jumper to Normal, there is no post. Just a blank screen. I have tried two different video cards (used), and a new power supply (450w). Would appreciate any help. Thank you

So if the cmos displays in set up mode, but normal mode, does that mean the cmos battery runs cmos in normal mode, but something else runs cmos in set up mode? Or, do you think its just not showing me anything in normal mode because it doesn't register the graphics card for some reason? I'm thinking of trying a pci graphics card rather than agp. What do you think?

It could be the video card (wrong voltage or faulty etc) or power supply, or cmos battery, or even motherboard
Did going through the entire guide help?
Hear from you in 4 days :grinthumb

I've done everything on the list. I'm going to try a PCI video card rather than the AGP card and see if that makes any difference. I don't have one handy, so I will try to find one. I will let you know what happens! Thank you.

PCI Card didn't help

Installed a new PCI graphics card which made no difference. :dead:
Will try the bench test next.

Hi marytech,

I'm a little confused by your descriptions of the CMOS jumper settings. They appear to be of a type I'm not familiar with.

Can you tell me the make and model number of your motherboard please?

Cheers,

Taff.

Thanks.

So you have no clear CMOS.

Does anyone know what happens when the Recovery mode is used?
Does it ask for a diskette to backup the current CMOS settings before resetting to default (the equivalent to clear CMOS)?

Have you tested this setting to check whether there is any graphics output or floppy drive activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back