Can post in forums but not login to site?

I can (obviously) post in forums, and am logged in, but when I go to the home page, then it acts as if I am not logged in. I tried clearing cookies as one link suggests but that did nothing.

Also, I became logged in by following the link in the email, but when I enter my username/pw it rejects it. Could it be because the form allows an illegal pw to be entered?!

problem resolved after pw reset...

After a pw reset, I was able to login.

I think the problem may be that the original password prompt does not properly filter bad passwords.

Peter

You say you can post in forums..... well I am glad someone can. I have searched this site over and find nowhere to "post" a question. WHich was my main reasonf or joining the site,. How do I post a question????????????? :blush:

lucybug said:
You say you can post in forums..... well I am glad someone can. I have searched this site over and find nowhere to "post" a question. WHich was my main reasonf or joining the site,. How do I post a question????????????? :blush:
Well, you just did didn't you? ;)

Just pic one of the forum sections that you feel is fitting and post away...

after format, os wont load

You seem to be really smart with that answer :haha: but I meant as a new post, not on someone elses. Any way, I have a compaq that had windows me and it would not boot up, I dont have the ME disk any more, so I was going to format and load 2000 on it until I could get a copy of XP, I did the format, but I cannot get it to load the OS from the CD-rom drive, I thought I knew a little about computers, apparently I was wrong. Can you help??? :bounce:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The way to post a new thread, is to go to the forum you best think suits your question. At the top of the forum page is a button marked new thread. This is the one you need to click on to post a new topic.

I hope this helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Posting a new thread should be as easy as clicking the new thread button at the top or bottom of each forum and posting it. If you are having any problems with this, it might be useful to say which forum you're having trouble with, and what exactly happens when you try to post a new thread.

lucybug said:
Thanks a million!!!!!!! Can yu help with the problem I asked about on the os reload? I really need help.

Post your question in a new thread, in the Windows OS forum and give it a descriptive thread title.

Regards Howard :)

Back