Can power sockets freeze / crash a computer?

Hi.

I've recently bought a desktop computer and owned it for around a month and set it up at my home with no problems whatsoever. I moved into a new house and now I'm experiencing serious freezing and crashing problems. I took it to my brothers house and the computer ran perfectly, more cooling and software wipes don't seem to be fixing the problem either. With a wireless card I'm still getting the freezes, ultimately the computer appears to run extremely slow and crash no matter what socket configuration I go with in the house. Can voltage really be causing this problem? My computer is practically unusable at the moment. Thanks, here are my specs:

[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JOE-PC
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7721
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V10.1, 22/10/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Joe-PC\Joe
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.97 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.56 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.4 GB
Page File Space 7.97 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

"I've recently bought a desktop computer and owned it for around a month"... This said it all. It's most likely a defective power supply

JoeyJoeJoe22, watch your mouth please. When asking for free advice from volunteers who aren't getting paid to spend their own time trying to help you, a little respect isn't too much to ask. We don't necessarily expect humility and gratitude but a slap in the face is unwelcome.

This reply may be a little late saying that it is almost 2016 as tonight is Christmas Eve, but yes a power socket can make computer slow down and perhaps even make it crash. A power socket could be giving not enough power, or if its in a power strip and there are allot of things pulling power from it, then your power supply could be getting not enough power. If other computers work fine on that socket/ power strip, then you may want to consider replacing or perhaps upgrading your power supply (if applicable).

JoeyJoeJoe22, watch your mouth please. When asking for free advice from volunteers who aren't getting paid to spend their own time trying to help you, a little respect isn't too much to ask. We don't necessarily expect humility and gratitude but a slap in the face is unwelcome.
FURTHER, persisting in this manner, you will earn a bad reputation and soon no one will even try to assist you, here or other threads - -
What goes around comes around

Hi.

I've recently bought a desktop computer and owned it for around a month and set it up at my home with no problems whatsoever. I moved into a new house and now I'm experiencing serious freezing and crashing problems. I took it to my brothers house and the computer ran perfectly, more cooling and software wipes don't seem to be fixing the problem either. With a wireless card I'm still getting the freezes, ultimately the computer appears to run extremely slow and crash no matter what socket configuration I go with in the house. Can voltage really be causing this problem? My computer is practically unusable at the moment. Thanks, here are my specs:

[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JOE-PC
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7721
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V10.1, 22/10/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Joe-PC\Joe
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.97 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.56 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.4 GB
Page File Space 7.97 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
yeah im kinda having the same problem but I think it could be my extension cord so if ur using a extension cord then try directly putting it into the wall also if ur computer needs more power then provided by ur PSU that could b it to

Back