Can see source code, cant see the editor (usind IE6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Andrea and I know very little to nothing about the problem I will try and relate below. Id really appreciate your help on this one. I also hope I will not end up in sounding as a complete *****… :eek:

Ill give it a go and hope for the best: :)

A friend of mine is building a website for me (done in html and php). Its going to be a dynamic content website… Due to this, my friend asked me to add all the pages that I want through admin....

My problem is that although I can see the source code, I cant see the damn editor (the actual options that I am supposed to have: like the txt editor B, I, U, like the photo ad in options, like the txt alignment and so on).
Basically, I can only see the language options, the page title and then the actual space for the content. I need to use IE (and I have windows XP and IE6) because Firefox does not work properly for what I need to do (although I can see the editing options with it).

I have tried many things (updating the damn IE, clearing the cache - but since I can see the source code I dont think that matters -, I have the AIS toolbar and have selected the Toggle JavaScript option… I have Zone Alarms firewall and antivirus but the mobile code control is disabled so that’s not it either…

The freak thing is that it has happened (even b4 I have started writing this) that I could actually see the editor. It comes and goes. It’s pretty mad.
Can someone help?

Thank you so much. I hope I made some sense. :monkey:

Andrea

What editor are you using? Normally, you would open your editor, and open your saved work (HTML document) from there.

Are you perhaps talking about status bars?
If so, you disabled them by accident and need to make them visible again. There should be an option in your editor of choice. If there is no menu at all, I'm most likely not on the right track here...

I got it sorted with a simple... refresh.

It works if after I select the file I want to modify I hit refresh...

Thanks for your help. I appreciate your posts.

Regards,

Andrea :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back