Can someone decipher minidump file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph659

Hello,

From time to time my pc reboots without any reason.
This can be very annoying especially since I use that pc for my work...
I have reinstalled everything and for a few weeks everything went fine but an hour ago, my computer rebooted again without any reason. I used memtest for hours but didn't receive an error.

I have attached the minidump file.

It would be very very nice if someone could decipher the file and explain me what's the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ralph

Thank you for your reply Rick.

I have used memtest during 5-6 hours and received no error. I suppose my RAM is ok then?

Any other suggestions?

Ralph659 said:
Thank you for your reply Rick.

I have used memtest during 5-6 hours and received no error. I suppose my RAM is ok then?

Any other suggestions?

It doesn't mean your system is automatically okay, but it does mean we can be more confident that your memory isn't to blame.

Memtest, for example, may not report some errors without running the advanced tests (8-14). Since RAM is indeed very random, errors happen very randomly. It may run for 3 hours without errors then on the next test fail in 3 minutes. But the longer you run it, the more of a chance you have of exposing the error. 5-6 hours is a pretty solid test in my opinion.

I don't think it would hurt to run memtest overnight while you sleep, while you're at work/school or away just as some extra assurance... Make sure you enable all of the tests in the config menu too.

Overheating? Not likely, as memtest runs your CPU full throttle.

ntoskrnl has such a broad number of possibilities. If you search the forums for ntoskrnl, you'll see plenty of threads I bet. Maybe one of them can help you.

My next guess would probably be drivers or a virus, but purely based on likelyhood calculated according to past experiences... We don't have a lot to go on, as mini dumps aren't good at givingt results in 'plain english'. ;)

I had your exact same problem, also had programs especially I.E crash on me regular.

I had a sneaky suspicion it was the Processor from Day 1, spent 2 months doing everything (drivers, memtest, reading minidumps, all kinds of malware, virus checkers etc) also replacing all hardware so eventually I only had the processor to replace.

Managed to call up a local PC company from Yell and bought a replacement AMD processor for £35 and bingo - no BSODs or anything - just wish I had done this in the first place

Never mind I now have a new computer !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back