Can someone please help me with a server issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSL

Good morning everyone. I have a very annoying problem that I wish I could say was a small problem. Some background, the server inquestion is a 4 year old compaq prolient rack mount server with NT 4 sp 6a installed and it is the workhorse of our servers. Recently, I upgraded NAV 8.x to NAV 9.0 on this server and about 4 days after the server starts having problems. One of the problems is that LMREPL.exe is using one full cpu at all times (we have dual cpu servers) and last friday it went down. When it went down, I was able to ping it, remote it, but couldn't connect to it via run or map network drive. I rebooted and explorer wouldn't start. I ran chkdsk and rebooted again and it came up, but an hour later the server froze forcing another restart. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be or how to fix it? Thanks a million in advance.

Unfortunately, I can not remove virus scan from this machine....my boss won't let me. He says there has to be another solution, but personally I don't think there is. I just need to find some cold hard proof of that, but I don't know where to look. That is why I'm seeking guidance from all of you here. :)

Hi
I would email the av maker and see what they have to say re this. That should settle anything in your boss's mind.

OK, that didn't work. Norton said that their software doesn't interfere with the replication services. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back