Can someone please look at this dump for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroZ28c

I have been getting a restart after trying to play a game or when encoding a movie to be burned to DVD. I read the minidump but it doesn't mean much to me and I was hoping someone here could help me. I also have an Everest report that is cut short but I can elaborate on any info that might be missing. Thanks!!

Attachments

• minidump.doc
    34 KB · Views: 5
I've done everything in that post and memtest checks out fine. I booted into Vista and was able to burn a movie just fine, where XP justs reboots. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Hmm.. that is strange. Try uninstalling and reinstall the movie encoding program and your game (after backing up your saved game of course :D).

Hi, two of your minidumps come back to memory corruption. One minidump comes up with a problem with this file SYMEVENT.SYS which is part of the Windows XP file system. If you repair the SYMEVENT.SYS then the memory corruption problem might also be repaired since you said everything works when you run Vista. To fix that file see if System File Checker finds it. Click start, run and type SFC.EXE /SCANNOW with a space between exe and /. If it finds that file is corrupt it will aks for your Windows XP CD.

SYMEVENT.SYS=Symantec Event Library.

This is part of the Symantec/Norton crapware security programme. It is not part of Windows.

Two minidumps crash with hardware and have IP_MISALIGNED as the BUCKET_ID. This is usually a symptom of faulty ram.

1 minidump crashes at SYMEVENT.SYS and is part of your Symantec/Norton security software. The owning process is white.exe, which is part of the Black and White game.

Some faulty ram can pass Memtest. So just because you got zero errors doesn`t necessarily mean your ram is ok.

You should also check to make sure your psu is powerful enough for your systems requirements.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you all VERY much for the help. I will take a look at all your recommendations and will post back when I find the fault or have any other questions for your expertice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back