Can someone please take a look at my minidumps??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSL

Hello everyone out there! I was wondering if someone can take a look at my minidumps. I only have 2, so I appologize in advace. I have found what caused these, but I need to know why it caused the BSOD's. Thank you so much in advance. :)

Unfortunately I can`t read your mindumps, because you are on a Windows 2000 sp4 machine, while I am on a Windows XP machine.

However, all is not lost.

Go HERE and follow this quick tutorial.

You can then copy and paste your results here.

Regards Howard :) :)

Thank you. You have to have the same os that the log files were created on in order to debug them?

GSL said:
You have to have the same os that the log files were created on in order to debug them?

Yes, that`s about the top and bottom of it.

Windows 2000 sp4 use a completely different set of symbols, and that`s why I can`t use them.

Regards Howard :)

OK, well I actually got these dumps off of an NT 4 system. hehe. Thanks for your help. :)

That`s strange because this is what I get when I try to read your minidumps.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.5.0003.7
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Howard\My Documents\My Music\Mini101705-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

Executable search path is:
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Windows 2000 Kernel Version 2195 (Service Pack 4) UP Free x86 compatible
Kernel base = 0x80400000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x804814c0
Debug session time: Mon Oct 17 20:33:02.500 2005 (GMT+1)
System Uptime: not available
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Loading Kernel Symbols
............................................................................................
Loading unloaded module list
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, 0, 0, 0}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

It deffinitely says Windows 2000 sp4, does it not?

Regards Howard :)

Hi,

Mircosoft does not provide the symbol for the latest version of ntoskrnl of W2K SP4 and Microsoft provide other symbols such as win32sys. However most of the stack trace executes within windows kernel. Without the kernel symbol it is very hard to understand the stack trace. Microsoft provides the W2K kernel symbole of the previous version of SP4 (ie the version at 2004), I have no problem to format the stack trace of SP4 for the patch level at 2004 and the latest version is at May 2005. If you have the full memory dump, the windows kernel symbol is included in the dump. Hence it resolves the symbol problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back