Can someone please tell me how much my gaming pc is worth?

By Insanebinky
Aug 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey. I know I'm new here, but I would like to jump right into posting and stuff.
    I am selling my gaming computer on eBay. What do you think is the max I could get for it?
    Specs
    THis is a brand new gaming desktop. The case, mboard, sound card, graphics card, are ALL BRAND NEW. I just finished building it.
    Slightly Used Excellent Condition
    Intel Pentuim 4 3.06GHz CPU
    ATI Radeon X1300 Pro High Definition Graphics Card
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 HD 64-Bit Ready
    Dell 17" Flat Panel LCD Display
    1GB Dual Channel [512mb x2]
    DVD-ROM
    DVD+ - RW
    X-Infinity Extreme Gaming Case with Side Panel window LED s and 420Watt power supply

[​IMG]

Please suggest a price.
    Thanks
  2. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

maybe $300-400 tops

the resion is because the procosor is older technogy and the viedo card is more on the budget line
  3. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

I might say 500 US dollars or something. I'm not a pro, though.
    Hoping to help
    kitty500cat
    p.s. welcome to Techspot;)
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

$600 dollars max coz the CPU is a bit outdated as is the video card.
  5. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

Isn't the X1300 a newer card?
  6. Rage_3K_Moiz

It's over a year old, hence the term outdated. It's an X1000 series card but a lower end one.
  7. dazzer9535

dazzer9535 Banned Posts: 143

In the UK you would be looking at about £375 - £425 that would equate to quite a lot more in Dollars when converted, I cant understand why or how the US undervalue such stuff "very odd" :D
  8. Rage_3K_Moiz

That's because computer hardware is taxed in the UK.
  9. es84

es84 Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

hi
    i think u should be getting around 400 $
    u might get a better info if u told us the ram and the hdd on the system
  10. dazzer9535

dazzer9535 Banned Posts: 143

Oh yeah sorry rip off Britain I forget [​IMG]
  11. Rage_3K_Moiz

It has 1 GB of RAM running in dual-channel which is enough to get an estimate price. But yes, the only thing missing would be the hard disk drive specs.

12. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,198

You say it has 1gig of dual-channel ram.. but not if it's ddr vs. ddr2.

In fact, whether it's LGA775 or Socket 478 is left-out also... thus it could be a close-ended AGP system.

I'd figure the market would be wise to not invest in a "new" system that would be ddr (rather than ddr2), AGP vs. PCI-E, and socket 478 vs. LGA775. This would make the system three-way obsolete right off the bat and therefore not commanding a very high selling price.

If it's LGA775, PCI-E and DDR2 memory, you may be able to fetch a decent price.
  13. Rage_3K_Moiz

Another core component detail is missing, the mobo make and model.
    And Sharkfood has mentioned quite critical details that would affect the overall pricing of the system, although I doubt it has DDR2 RAM. I could be wrong though. Insanebinky hasn't replied in quite a while so I wonder where he is. Only he can provide the right info.
  14. Cyber

Cyber Newcomer, in training Posts: 89

I think you guys should check his profile for more info... it has all the details on his system he is selling... unless if he is selling a diffrent system... every thing on there seems to be same....

Cyber....
  15. Rage_3K_Moiz

Whoops I forgot about that. Thanks Cyber. But it's more of a dilemma, since the board is capable of using DDR as well as DDR2 RAM and we don't know what is present. However, it seems to be in the region of $400-500 depending on the RAM. It has an AGP Express slot so the price will be lower than $600 surely.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.