Can someone tell me if i m running out of wattage!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fajoo24

Hi plz can someone tell me if im runnin out of wattage, my games are crashing everytime, i have two sticks of memory (Flash 1x256 + Flash 1x512 pc 3200 both), when i turn the bus speed of rams to 333 mhz from bios, my games run fine without crashing, i have a power supply of 350 watt but i think it is so worse that it merely gives anything more then 200 watt or may be less then that. I calculated my power usage by calculator (i don't remember the website name) and it came out to be '205 watt'. So is there anyway i can get more power from my current PSU i.e by unplugging some devices like dvd rom, etc. :dead:

howard_hopkinso said:
Take a look at this psu wattage calculator HERE

You might also be interested in this article. The psu thread.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard as i said i already chked the calcluator and it came out to be '205' watt and also thnx for the link, it was informative. However, my question remains can i get enough power outta my current PSU by unplugging some devices???

Of course unplugging devices will give you more headroom with your psu. Whether it will give you enough, remains to be seen.

However, if you feel that your psu is near it`s limit, and particularly if it`s a cheap no name brand. I`d recommend you to get a new good quality psu.

If you don`t, and your existing psu fails, it could damage your system.

The choice as they say is yours.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back