Can sum1 help me with my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i play games or go on msn messenger or something like that where u interact online with other people it goes of after 2 or 3 minutes and iots constant is it my router firewall? i have a bt voyager 205 and all my firewalls on my pc are always turned off . can some one help me?

i know

i know its not anything like that because this pc is new and it happens with this one and my other one.

And both PCs are behind your router? You may want to reset your router at least as a test. You might try plugging a PC directly into your modem and bypass the router, also as a test.

good luck

lol

ive had the router for a while ive had to routers and it has happened with both could the router have a firewall?

Almost ALL routers are firewalls!

One thing to bypass the firewall function is get in to the router settings and set your IP as a DMZ. Setting your box as DMZ means any and all communications will be allowed to get through to you. Also, try as a test!

Okay, upon further research I see that your device is an ADSL modem slash router. In that case, it may NOT be a firewall. Or at least may not have a DMZ option.

If you read this page about the BT Voyager, it does not say that it is a firewall:
http://www.voyager.bt.com/205/prodinfo.htm

But if you read this hack page, he mentions that it has a firewall with IP filtering, stateful inspection, access control etc... But he never mentions a DMZ option.
[edit- forgot the link. lol] http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/bt.voyager.205_router.how-to.php
[/edit]
So it is possible your router is a firewall, but doubtfull you have a DMZ option.

In that case I'm wondering what you could try. Because I don't think you can bypass the router and get online.

If you are able to use dialup, try going online with that and see if the connection breaks. Or if you have a friend or someone with a router/firewall on cable internet or some such, try taking your PC over there and using his connection and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back