TechSpot

Can`t delete the administrator account.

By Lookiammikey
Aug 30, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xp

Ok, so i'm using windows xp and i have 2 accounts my Administrator and my acount . It says in order to delete the administartor i would have to have another acount with administrative powers and i do. But no matter how hard i try i cant find out how to delete the main administrator acount. Any help?
  2. Darth_Terra1

Darth_Terra1 TS Rookie Posts: 234

First your in the wrong section to ask this question you should put it in the Windows OS section, secondly to answer your question you can't delete the main Admin account as it is the one that lets you use the PC in the first place, you can only delete secondary accounts that have admin rights but not the main admin account.
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Posts moved to the correct forum.
  4. maniac_lonestar

maniac_lonestar TS Rookie Posts: 129

The administatrator account is the account that was created first I guess. Your account must be a normal account with administrator enabled. If you are able to change this account into a restricted account, then you are stuck with administrator.
  5. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

As was stated, you cannot delete main administrator acount. You can however, rename it etc...

Regards,

korrupt
  6. Char_X

Char_X TS Rookie Posts: 209

You cannot delete Administrator accout, but you you can disable it.
    Control Panel->Administrative tools->Computer management
    There you click on Local users and groups find Administrator account. In properties of this account you can disable it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.