Can`t delete the administrator account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xp

Ok, so i'm using windows xp and i have 2 accounts my Administrator and my acount . It says in order to delete the administartor i would have to have another acount with administrative powers and i do. But no matter how hard i try i cant find out how to delete the main administrator acount. Any help?

Lookiammikey said:
Ok, so i'm using windows xp and i have 2 accounts my Administrator and my acount . It says in order to delete the administartor i would have to have another acount with administrative powers and i do. But no matter how hard i try i cant find out how to delete the main administrator acount. Any help?

First your in the wrong section to ask this question you should put it in the Windows OS section, secondly to answer your question you can't delete the main Admin account as it is the one that lets you use the PC in the first place, you can only delete secondary accounts that have admin rights but not the main admin account.

The administatrator account is the account that was created first I guess. Your account must be a normal account with administrator enabled. If you are able to change this account into a restricted account, then you are stuck with administrator.

As was stated, you cannot delete main administrator acount. You can however, rename it etc...

Regards,

korrupt

You cannot delete Administrator accout, but you you can disable it.
Control Panel->Administrative tools->Computer management
There you click on Local users and groups find Administrator account. In properties of this account you can disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back