Can`t get my SVGA to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get my SVGA to work. No matter what I do, it goes back to one color, one size. I had to wipe drive and build everything back, and this is all that is left. It's driving me crazy. Please note: I am NOT a computer person. Very limited knowledge.

You need to install the video drivers for you video card. Do you know what kind of card you have? If not right click on a blank section of your desktop, click settings then advanced then adapter and see what it says. If nothing is there except a generic video adapter then you need to install the drivers. Either find the installation/drivers disk or go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers.

you probably don't have any video drivers installed. drivers are software that works with windows to make your hardware devices function. the graphics card (the focus of your situation) is an example of hardware.

you need to find out the manufacturer and model of your graphics card (which is sometimes inteegrated into the mainboard but it is still called a 'card'). then you can download the appropriate driver using the internet provided that you have your card's information. once you download the driver, it can be installed so your graphics opations can be properly set.

if you can get the info for your card, and your operating system info (example: windows XP) i can help point you in the right direction.

bigdummy04

Thank you, fastco and zephead!
Further explaining . . . I have screwed around with the adapter and tried everything. I now have Super VGA listed in the display adapter (device manager), but everything that I have tried says that it is not the right choice for Win 98.
My graphics listed in device manager under System Devices is Intel(r) 82810e DC-133. There are no warnings in the device manager and all says the devices are functioning properly. BUT, NO! I'm to the point, after weeks of work, to throw it out the upstairs window and then run over it with the truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back