Can this be a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

D@nny

My old computer has been infected I think. I'm running ewido then some guy told me to fix my explorer.exe from not popping up after system reboot error is to run aproposfix.exe which I will in sfemode after this ewido scan... Well is this a virus or not :
My plug and play in device manager was disabled along with many other things I'v yet to enable.
Lost system privilages so I couldn't log onto fear which i'm still having trouble doing so I went into services.msc and got adminstrative users back.
It's just been a pain doing weird things with my system and I have a corrupt D: drive whenever I click on this one file in my d drive it will crash. It's unremovable . I was doing a C reformat and moved some small files over to D before I did this I managed to delete all the other files I moved over but when trying to remove this one it always give me an error sometimes even when scrolling down in D to look at it will crash. I'v checked for errors and D and it always says none found . I can't reformat D either since my dad has important pictures on there. Well not yet anyway until I finish moving them. Even when scrolling over it like I did just now everything crashes it removes my explorer.exe and I think it makes things a pain to install into D. Here's my hijack this log to see if this is a virus or just lots of bugs all at the same time.

Any idea what files could make my system unstable if I fix them with hijack this?

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as an attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of D@nny only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

mind to tell me what these nasties are? I mean nasties is a very broad word and how do you know or are you just copy pasting?

No I`m not copy and pasting. Thanks for asking :p

I`ve analysed thousands of HJT logs and looking at yours, I know your system is infected.

You have at least one trojan and an adware toolbar present.

So, follow the instructions as advised and post fresh HJT and AVG antispyware logs.

This thread is for the use of D@nny only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i'm scared now. I ran smitfraudfix and everything went ok followed the instructions then this other tool VirtumundoBeGone v1.5 that i ran with a browser open froze on me when i went to close the browser as it was up. I never saw it run and it froze my pc i rebooted (twice) now everything seems stable but I have a blue desktop. I still get this annoying browser pop up in mozilla that takes me to some anti virus website. But Hopefully for now that's the only problem I have nothing major to do any more fixes right? How does my HJT log hold up to that?

You have not followed the instructions properly.

I.E. You haven`t renamed HijackThis and you`ve put it in a temp folder, nor have you installed run and posted an AVG antispyware log.

I can only help you if you follow the instructions I give you. Obviously I can`t actually get my hands on your system, so I have to rely on you to help me.

If you don`t want to follow the instructions, that`s fine and is completely up to you, but the only other way of cleaning your system is to reformat and reinstall from scratch.

Why does it matter if I saved my hijack log and a temp folder and rename it to what .log?

It matters because HJT makes backups of items it removes, so they can be restored later if you make a mistake. It stores these in a backups folder in the location where you put HJT. By putting HJT in a temp folder, It is easy to accidently delete the temp folder and thereby the backups folder too.

It`s important to rename HijackThis.exe because some malware is programmed to hide from the HijackThis.exe file.

I hope that clears that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back