Can this motherboard support 8 harddrives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I can't get your link to work, the text in the link would suggest it's an Asus P4P800E-Deluxe. If this is the correct motherboard, then yes- you can have more then 4 drives with this model. I have a few of these and they come highly recommended... just good luck finding one. hehe.

It has an Intel ICH5/5R chip which has:
2xUDMA (4 IDE/ATA drives total)
2xSATA (2 SATA drives)

It also has an on-board Promise controller that adds:
1xUDMA (2 drives total)
2xSATA (2 SATA drives)

Keep in mind the above controller(s) arrangement! If you're planning on having four SATA drives in a single raid volume, it will NOT work. You can, however, have 2xSATA RAID 0/1 (Promise), and another 2xSATA RAID 0/1 (ICH5R) volume and then use Windows to combine the volumes.

foreach SCSI-I controller, you get 7 devices;
for SCSI-II, it's 16

how many do you want to add?

(this is typical server hardware)

Well I have 4 in it right now, with the 2 additional SATA slots I was thinking 2 more so 6.

But does the P4P800 E-Deluxe have SCSI support?

No, it does not come with a SCSI controller. You have to add one.

It has the support I listed in the previous post.

It's easy to get confused though as many high-end ASUS motherboards have a Promise UW SCSI controller. Alternatively, this one has a Promise SATA controller on top of the Intel IC5R controller.

Wow thats a lot of storage then again I'm the person that thinks 80GB is HUGE, 40 is Very Good and can go on 20GB so easily

GeekieNick101 said:
Wow thats a lot of storage then again I'm the person that thinks 80GB is HUGE, 40 is Very Good and can go on 20GB so easily

20GB easily? I ran out of space on my old computer with a 20GB hard drive! Then again, I now have a 160 that I consider mid-size big. 250GB is decent for me even though I'll never use it :D

Yeah I have a computer with 20gb itas still good, I know some people that run win xp pro on 10 gb hd, 500 mhz plll cpu, 64 mb ram lol its said but yeah I dont save much some people use a lot because of recroding tv and movies and sore dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back