Can USB be used as RAM?

Hi, I was playing COD Black Ops on my laptop, but it doesn't run well at all, very jerky!! My friend suggested I try installing more ram (my laptop has 2gb ram) so he tells me to try external RAM. I go to check prices and ask the guy at the counter if they had any, and he said no, but said windows 7 has a feature that can get my PC to recognize my flash drive as RAM. Is this possible? And does anybody know how to do this?

ReadyBoost
A system with 512 MB of RAM (the bare minimum for Windows Vista) can see significant gains from ReadyBoost.[9][10] In one test case, ReadyBoost speeds up an operation from 11.7 seconds to 2 seconds (increasing physical memory from 512 MB to 1 GB without ReadyBoost reduced it to 0.8 seconds, though).[11] System performance with ReadyBoost can be monitored by Windows Performance Monitor.

Not sure how much benefit COD will get from it but it might be worth trying it out.

It acts like additional L3 cache, I used a fast flash drive on one of my previous machines, a 4850 quadfire deal and it made a marked improvement in many of the games. If you would, let us know how this works for you should you decide to try it

Tryd it

Hay I tried it and it worked well for me. I played COD and it was very smooth (much more smoother than before) Still a little jerky at times(prolly coz my crappy laptop) but it is a vast improvement! Thanx

Back