Can Win7 still be bought via Microsoft?

Give them a call and see if they will sell a license. You should be able to find their number when you click activate now from the following location.

Control Panel >> System and Security >> System

I was wondering the same thing recently, but have not needed to ask. If not you could always get an OEM licenses, they are still available.

Ill be honest, when im looking for a code for Win 7, I just look for some old machines/laptops with the codes on them and use those. That's how I have been doing it from time to time, I do not know if you can actually obtain codes anymore.

Ill be honest, when im looking for a code for Win 7, I just look for some old machines/laptops with the codes on them and use those. That's how I have been doing it from time to time, I do not know if you can actually obtain codes anymore.
That's also what I did when I installed it on to this comp, was much faster than first XP -> W7. We have an original W7 Home Premium Upgrade (family pack) set but I'm not gonna sell our own licenses. When I installed it on this comp. it gave me the option to buy a new license first but now I can't get to that same point no matter what I do. Would need to be able to buy new licenses for new computers tho...

If Microsoft wanted your money bad enough, they would sell you a key regardless of the OS. If they refuse you a sale on Windows 7, it will only prove they think they are above needing to satisfy their customer base.

If Microsoft wanted your money bad enough, they would sell you a key regardless of the OS. If they refuse you a sale on Windows 7, it will only prove they think they are above needing to satisfy their customer base.
You sure as hell have a point there, the best part is that so far I haven't been able to actually find any sort of customer support from microsoft. That also says how much they like their customers..

Back