Can Wzr2-g300n + Whr-hp-g54 + Wli-tx4-g54hp all work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipstir

Here you have it a case study to see if all 3 Buffalo network wireless devices would work together but some features have to be disabled:

WZR2-G300N
WZR2-G300N_lg.jpg

Wireless / Wired N-Mode, G-Mode, - B-Mode High Speed Demon Router / Access Point
Marvel CPU 500MHz + Atheros chip 16MB of RAM & 4MB Flash - wired 10/100, wireless 54, 125, 300Mbps
+

WHR-HP-G54
WHR-HP-G54-lg.jpg

Wireless / Wired G-Mode, - B-Mode High Power Turbo Speed MIMO Router / Access Point
Broadcom with Afterburn CPU 200MHz 16MB of RAM & 4MB Flash - wired 10/100, wireless 54, 125Mbps

+

WLI-TX4-G54HP with Hauppauge Media MVP 1000

Wireless G-Mode, - B-Mode High Power Turbo Speed MIMO Ethernet Converter Drop Access for Wired Devices
Broadcom CPU 200MHz 16MB of RAM & 4MB Flash - wired 10/100, wireless 54, 125Mbps

I had purchased two WZR2-G300N one as used as wireless/wired router 20Hz and another I just got on Friday for the access point. I had a lot of problems and it looks like it was the one I was using as the router causing my problems as being faulty. I had just returned that lastnight, just told them it wasn't working. So I still have one WZR2-G300N which I will disable the wireless and use it as a wired router and then use or keep the current wireless access point WHR-HP-G54AP in place. Right now I am using 2 WHR-HP-G54 (one as wired router and the other one as access point) Still the wireless is showing Excellent signal on 1 desktop, 4 laptops and 1 WLI-TX4-G54HP with Hauppauge Media MVP.

For some strange reason no matter what I did or configured the 2 WZR2-G300N with WLI-TX4-G54HP and MVP it just won't work. Kept on getting drop connections, where it would work then it won't. Then to make matters worst I lost the wired and wireless connections. I had to be the main router being used. As that was in placed for 1 week with WHR-HP-G54AP and WLI-TX4-G54HP and MVP was working perfectly. On the router side on each PC there seem to be WAN and LAN disconnection going on daily or at odd times. So the router was dropping the connections, so that was the first problem. Then when I got the second WZR2-G300N this past Friday night then all hell broke loose as they say. Nothing worked right.. I did get everything where it should be then the next day nothing worked.

Well in a bit I'll configured the new WZR2-G300N with a laptop prior before I implement that migration into the existing WHR-HP-G54RT wired router which will be shutdown. It's only going to work this way it has to be wired can't use the wireless features or it won't work with WLI-TX4-G54HP.

Setup... First Test Failure

Setup... Second Test

WZR2-G300N
Wireless Disable
Router Mode

WHR-HP-G54AP
Wireless Enabled
Security Enabled
Router Mode Disabled
Access Point Mode
Channel 11 Manual Lock
G-Mode

WLI-TX4-G54HP
Wireless Mode
Security Enabled
Bridge Mode
Channel 11 connected to WHR-HP-G54A
G-Mode

Second Test

Running the dual network here:

4-wired desktop
1-wireless desktop
4-wireless laptops
7-wired media mvp

AOSS is disabled on all three devices..
Test results show all work fine.. For Intranet, Internet and Streaming Media from HTPC to media players

WHR-HP-G54
Wired Router Mode Enabled
Wireless Router Mode disabled
G-Mode
UPnp - Enabled
Security Mode Disabled
Wired Router

Throughput WAN to LAN -- good
Throughput LAN to LAN -- fair

WHR-HP-G54
Wireless Access Mode Enabled
Wired Connections not used
G-Mode
Turbo 54G
Multi-Cast Enabled
125Mbps Enabled
Security Mode Enabled

Through LAN to LAN -- very good

WLI-TX4-G54HP
Wireless Ethernet Converter Bridge
Security Enabled
G-Turbo Mode Enabled
125Mbps Enabled
First device connected use MAC address for Hauppauge MediaMVP

Third Test

Running the dual network here:

4-wired desktop
1-wireless desktop
4-wireless laptops
7-wired media mvp

AOSS is disabled on all three devices..
Test results show report better overhaul compared to use WHR-HP-G54 Wired Router.. For Intranet, Internet and Streaming Media from HTPC to media players

WZR2-G300N
Wired Router Mode Enabled
Wireless Router Mode disabled
G-Mode -Only
UPnp - Enabled
Wireless Security Mode Disabled

Throughput WAN to LAN -- Excellent
Throughput LAN to LAN -- Excellent
Throughput Downloading - Excellent
Throughput Streaming Media - Excellent

WHR-HP-G54 + 4db Gain ANT
Wireless Access Mode Enabled