TechSpot

Can xp automate my internet connection?

By Rik
Mar 30, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I'm using "Now" wireless internet connection and was wondering if anyone can help me to automate its start up.

I have experimented with using "scheduled tasks" and setting it to open the dialler when i log on but i cant figure out if its possible to get it to hit the connect button. There is no shortcut key to the connect button and i cant find a way to set one up in the dialler program.

Anyone got any ideas?

Rik.

2. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

in ie, goto [i.net tools>connections tabs] find the connection you want, confirm its on default then check it underneath for "always dail my default connection"

3. Rik

Rik Banned Topic Starter Posts: 4,985

Thanks, but unfortunately that doesn't work, my fault, i should have explained that its a wireless air band connection running via usb. It can run via rj45 but isn't very reliable when i try it.

What i want to be able to do is get it to connect when i log on so that i can automate messenger and Skye so that i don't have to go through the time consuming manual start up procedure that i have to do at the moment.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.