Can XPS600 work SLI for two 8800gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One 8800gts, or any other 8000 series, works. When second is added for SLI (two matched 8800gts), a prompt for second card indicates insufficient resources - CODE 12. Nothing removed frees any resources and DELL BIOS has no method for doing so in setup. DELL technicians have no clue. Has anybody been successful in upgrading the DELL XPS600, with original mob, to any 8000 series video cards in SLI? OS is XP SP2, but that is not the problem. Thanks

Have you installed the Bridge between the cards?

Is there a DIMM module you need to turn around to enable SLi?

Is it the latest BIOS?

Have you tried removing 1 card, booting, shutting down & installing it again so windows finds it correctly?

Thats all I can think of at the moment - it's 7 in the morning here, and I've only had 1 coffee!!!

Yes, the bridge has been installed. SLI is enabled via nVidia Control Panel which loads with nVidia drivers (using newest made available on 11/6/07).
No matter how I do it, once 2nd card is installed, it is found, but properties in Device Manager prompt CODE 12 - not enough resources, remove whatever to free up resources. Even with a fresh install of the OS, WIN XP SP2, or VISTA ULTIMATE, same prompt (fresh install precludes IRQ hogging).

I appreciate the help. I think the BIOS on the propietary SLI board of DELL is what is the cause of the problem. The BIOS/chipset have been updated with no relief seen.

Lastly, the two cards do work in SLI on another PC. They were removed to allow an upgrade to 8800ULTRA. I yanked the two 7800gtx cards that came with the DELL, which were found, and worked in SLI. I sold them. The new PC had EVGA 8800gts OC which I removed to install in th DELL. The DELL is now my everyday machine for anything but my gaming. It's a shame that I have this extra card which I am reluctant to sell on eBay. Maybe someone is out there who found a way to overcome this problem on their DELL XPS 600.

Enjoy the coffee. Make mine cafe royale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back