Can you check my FRST please?

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with Windows 7 loading, after the update. Sometimes it gets stuck. I find out on forums that it could be because of Avast. I uninstall it and it actually helped with loading time, but sometimes it still starts lagging when I watch video or something. Everything was ok before the update, I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence. I attached my FRST.txt file, I hope that helps.

Welcome aboard

I don't see anything malicious there so I removed FRST log and I'm moving this topic to Windows 7 forum.

Getting stuck during loading of windows is a little more likely to be a hardware problem than a software one. It can be caused by some hardware not responding to initiation commands from the OS as quickly as it should - or not at all. Depending on the device at fault that can also cause lagging at other times.

If you have attached hardware you can easily disconnect temporarily, then do that (e.g. all USB-connected devices, printer, network cable). If that stops the problem, then by reconnecting one device at a time and repeatedly testing, you might be lucky enough to discover the problem device. In my case it was a failing Seagate external drive - they often fail at about three years old.

When you say 'before the update' - are you referring to the monthly MS Windows patch-Tuesday ? If so, there were very significant problems in that around USB on certain hardware. You could try uninstalling KB2884256 in particular.

Back