TechSpot

Can you edit ISO files?

By top_model_guy
Dec 16, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. My sims 2 University disk isn't working because the ijl15.dll file is corrupted but I downloaded a working one, can I somehow put the non corrupted flile onto the disk? I mean the ISO file I created from it? Are there any free ISO file programs that can do this? all the ones I've downloaded don't allow editing under trial. Also I've downloaded the Alcohol 120% from the site and I made a virtual image, can I edit it and how if possible. Thanks

2. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Posts: 302

This sounds illegal.. How did you get Alcohol 120% for free? If you're asking if you can edit the Sims 2 game disk, I think you're out of luck. Those disks are pressed and not burned, so you aren't able to rewrite them.

3. top_model_guy

top_model_guy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 79

I downloaded the alcohol 120 from this site. It is a trial version

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

If there's a corrupt file on your Sims 2 disc, then you should ask for replacement media either from the store you bought the game from, or directly from EA.

5. Finchy

Finchy TS Rookie Posts: 353

This sounds pirated to me

6. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

I'm not 100% sure, but to me is sounds like he made an ISO out of his Sims 2 disc, and then wanted to know if he could replace the corrupt DLL in the ISO image. I bet there are applications/programs out there that can do this without you having to pay for them.

7. top_model_guy

top_model_guy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 79

Oh, I fixed the problem it was just the one file on the ISO file image I was using from the disc. I didn't even know this thread was still open...I need no more help regarding this got it solved: I'm using UltraISO.

8. bartle

bartle TS Rookie