'Candy Crush' maker to seek $7.6 billion IPO valuation later this month

By Shawn Knight
Mar 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. King Digital Entertainment, the company behind the hit mobile game "Candy Crush Saga," is going public later this month. The Dubai-based company said they are planning to offer up 22.2 million shares priced between $21 to $24 each which, at...

Read more
  2. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,648   +51

This game installed itself on my phone about 10 times, pretty sure its over valued lol
    wastedkill likes this.
  3. North_Dakota

North_Dakota TechSpot Member

This game is probably one of the few that really stopped being fun at all after a while. I understand, there are a lot of hard games that might bring frustration to the player, but those do not ask ridiculous amounts of money for shitty power-ups. :mad:
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,010   +683

Yes, and Candy Crush is a winning lottery ticket that they won't repeat. They should go public, take the money and run.
    wastedkill likes this.
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,043   +218

Or take your money and multiply it a few times maybe?
  6. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 301   +81

I suspect that is the plan, this reminds me of the first 'internet bubble' where near worthless and even product less companies sold for a fortune 'till it all crashed.
    Loukin likes this.
  7. My wife hasn't stopped playing this game in weeks. It's ruining our relationship.

What's the hypnosis factor? How do they do it, and can they tell me the secret so I can get her addicted to me again?

IPO marriage wreckers.
  8. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,010   +683

Start playing world of warcraft. that'll teach her!
  9. Hexic

Hexic Newcomer, in training Posts: 48   +6

@MilwuakeeMike

Lol, excellent plan. That'll balance the playing fields for sure.
  10. Hexic

Hexic Newcomer, in training Posts: 48   +6

Spelled your name incorrectly Mike, my apologies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.