Cannot access Belkin N1 Wireless Router setup page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my Belkin N1 Wireless Router, model # F5D8231-4. I cannot seem to access the internal router's web-based settings and/or log-in page and I'm looking to see what I can do to get to these settings.

My router's default gateway IP address is 192.168.2.1 and every time I open up a browser to type this in, I come to this page:
belkin.jpg

There's absolutely nothing relevant on this page.

I'm running Windows Vista and two of my other networked machines run Windows XP and neither machine could access the setup page via the IP address as well.

Our wireless broadband internet connection is working just fine - I just can't access the router settings. Setting up our wireless security, port forwarding, etc. is impossible without getting to this page...

I have the latest version of Java and Flash installed, and my computer is as updated as it can be...

Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated - thanks!!!

According to my manual, your IP Gateway is 192.168.1.1., not 192.168.2.1

Try entering that into the web location in the address bar.

It's definitely not that address. I'm very sure it's 192.168.2.1. It's just not showing up anything but those funky graphics and few lines of text.

Do you think there may be an internal problem with the router?

I suggest calling Belkin's tech support concerning this. I had a similar problem with a Linksys. Turned out that the problem was the computer. The settings of the computer were not letting the router have access.

The settings had to be changed from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.10.0

Linksys walked me through the settings and after several hours, they found the problem and everything worked after the settings were changed. The router was restored to factory settings several times before the problem was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back