TechSpot

Cannot access my M$ Firewall

By 8r1n
May 31, 2007
  1. To all the Techspot Brains,
    My problem is the following:
    Due to an unidentified problem, windows cannot display the windows firewall settings
    I have tried all the usual fixes & tried all the recommended from the sharedaccess site, but to no avail? I cannot change anything in Windows firewall anywhere on the PC. I am running XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have run every virus,trojan,rootkit malaware proggies known to man & am 99.9999% sure no virus on my sys.
    I am at a loss as to what to do next! I do not want to re-format so any ideas would be most welcome & gratefully received.
    peace
    8r1n

PS: I know it's not a good protective F/W but I need to switch it off!

2. HowdyHo

HowdyHo TS Rookie

3. 8r1n

8r1n TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

Thanks HowdyHo,
    Looks like a very interesting site will spend some time looking through their fixes etc.
    8r1n

4. DaltonLauer

DaltonLauer TS Rookie

5. 8r1n

Hi Daulton Lauer,
    Been there done that twice! unfortunately it ain't curing the problem, but hey thanks for the link bro. It's a weird one this as I can't access it anywhere on the PC, just comes up with (Due to an unidentified problem etc etc) A lateral thinking solution for this one? I just don't want to reformat a 300gig 60% full H/D
    Peace
    8r1n

6. DaltonLauer

DaltonLauer TS Rookie

7. 8r1n

Hi Daulton Lauer,
    Thanks for the up on the Firewall Weblog Lots to check & hopefully try out! Fingers crossed
    Peace
    Bryn

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.