Cannot access web browser windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

my friend has a computer running on windows 98.

She connected to the internet yesterday (tesco broadband)and although she connected ok (msn signed in and she can open, send & receive emails) she cannot open internet explorer. When she clicks on the "e" at the bottom of the page nothing happens. She's cleared cookies & deleted temp files through control panel.

Whe she hits ctrl alt, del it is showing that there is alot of stuff running inc lexplore and Glb6315 which i dont have a clue about.
The last thing she remembers doing is downloading the new msn messenger with the toolbar.
She has zone alarm - but cannot uninstall it or update it.
Any ideas how to fix it??

Thanks
Teresa

Well then someone has to bring those applications on a CD to her.

Alternatively, the same what that kind of applications do can be done manually, but I think it would be too long a post to teach manually. It requires quite a lot of knowledge on Windows.

You could start by hitting ctrl+alt+del and killing all unnecessary applications though. Unnecessary include iexplore processes that aren't visible, applications with names like glb6315 and so on. It takes some seconds for each of them to go away usually. I don't believe you could do any more damage by killing necessary processes, but leave explorer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back