Cannot Boot and Format Packard Bell M7305

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i switch on the notebook there is a bluescreen with an error telling me that the computer is unable to boot. The error i recieve is 0x0000007B (0Xf8950528, 0Xf0000034, 0X00000000, 0X0000000). I have surfed the internet and found that the problem is that there is a innaccessible disk drive. That could either mean virus infection, disk driver error or disk malfunction. So i conluded to the fact that the disk drive should be replaced. I installed a new samsung hdd. When i insert a windows installation CD into the disk drive and configure the first boot priority to be the cd rom. I recieve the error when the computer opens up that No Bootable CD In Atapi Cd rom. Does anyone have any ideas? Help please! :(

Information about the Notebook can be found in:
http://www.packardbell.co.uk/products/node1821.asp?partNumber=P890500001

What version of windows are you using? znd are you certain that the windows disk you have is bootable?

I am using an original windows xp home edition OEM cd. I have also tried windows 98SE but there said the same thing. Any suggestions? :(

I need an expert advice here. Why the system boots up and a blue screen comes up? Has BIOS configured wrong drivers for the hard drive? Do I need to reset BIOS? Why doesn't the system boot up from the cd to perform a clean installation having a new drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back