Cannot boot Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer froze a couple days ago, i just held down the power button to turn it off. Upon turning it back on it went to the Windows Cannot boot would you like to repair screen. I tried Startup Repair and it recommended system restore which it did. It still failed to start properly after this. I then tried to boot it in safe mode, and system restore it again. It still didn't work after this. I tried a few thingsb then decided i might have a virus, I have AVG so i did a system scan in safe mode and it didn't find anything except for two dll's that "changed". I then downloaded HJT to do a log and try to figure out the problem, I looked at it to see if i could find anything wrong and didn't notice anything extremely out of ordinary. I decided to restart so that i could have a clean log to post on here. At restart it went to the Windows could not boot screen would you like to use startup repair or start windows normally. I picked the Repair option one more time and it starting loading the files but quit and had this error come up in Windows Boot Manager.

Indo: Windows encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to
your computer. This error can be caused by unplygging a removable storage
device while the device is in use.

I pressed enter to continue and it went into startup repair and again recommended me to Restore, it has now been "Attempting repairs" for about 20 minutes.

So in the end it takes in extremely long time to boot if even possible.

I have an HP Pavilion dv2315.
1.6 Ghz AMD Turion 62 2X
1 GB Ram
160 Gb Hard Drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advanced.

update

I have since got rid of the stop error problem. I also reseated the CD drive and RAM. I have figured out that the computer is capable of booting but it runs extremely slow and has a boot time of about an hour or hour and a half . After logging and loading the desktop seem to take the longest. The whole computer is still extreemely slow, should i just reinstall windows? or do you think it would be a hardware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back