Cannot connect clkuk.tradedoubler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Very similar problem to that described in RogerRampant s post.

I want to use Topcashback site but when I try to click through to vendor I get

the "unable to connect" message ( see attached jpeg ).
I have set Spywareblaster to ignore cookies from Tradedoubler ( hope this is the same as clkuk.tradedoubler!!)& looked to see if I can find the hosts file roger refers to - I cannot.Checked to see if it is blocked by Spybot S&D. Just don't know where to look next to enable access to clkcuk.tradedoubler

I guess there is safe & too safe!!!

Attachments

• clkuktradedoubler.jpg
    clkuktradedoubler.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 7
The message indicates either the server is down or very busy. I had no problem accessing the site a minute ago. I also check the AdBlock on Firefox and didn't see anything of alarm.

The correct URL for the site is http://www.topcashback.co.uk/. I don't know what clkuk.tradedoubler belongs to, but it did not come up for me either.

But I was able to access http://www.tradedoubler.com/pan/cms. I see several European affiliates, but not one for the UK.

A question was asked about this clkuk.tradedoubler.com with regard to the topic "Affiliate Marketing > Affiliate Marketing Networks > Tradedoubler and the reply was "Its probably an anti Norton link so the sodding ads show."

So I think you are dealing with two different site URLs or possibly a page from a link on the main site. I am using Firefox v2.0.0.6.

I think the problem may be with Adblock Plus. I need to set it to allow access. Thanks for your response. I will investigate further using the Adblock help & forum.

I see a listing of 17 posts by RogerRampant- none of which seemed to address this. Which post are you referring to?

Program that redirects, so that advertising banners don't show up

I searched on "clkuk.tradedoubler" & saw this. don't know if it is relevant. I just tried disabling Adblock Plus for topcashback site but still get "can't connect" when I try to click through to Lloyds Ins.
I have often seen this message on other sites, but now it is preventing me from saving money it suddenly seems more important !

Thank you. I took the liberty of going through the entire list in AddBlock Plus. I do not see either of the mentioned domains, meaning they aren't there by default. I also went through the Cookies Exceptions- Cookies that are blocked according to my security settings along with specific ones I've blocked.

I do not see any filter for 'topcash' and since I am able to access the sites using Firefox v2.0.0.6 with the AdBlock Plus Extension and accompanying Filterset, it would seem the sites are not blocked by default.

I know that won't get you on but it may save you some time. I will pass on that these. I did find a reference on a topcashback forum about problems involving this link:
http://www.cj.com/qksrv.html

I recognize the 'qksrv' part of this and possibly this may be your problem. The 'qksrv Cookie is considered a data-miner and is spyware. This site will take you to their privacy policy- if you can access it.

I won't preach to you, but there is a great potential for malware problem in these areas.

Thanks for your investigations. I did click on the link you gave to the topcashback forum & got this message :- "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.cj.com."
I realise that data mining & malware are problems, but I would like the cashback potential of using Topcasshback. I sent them an email but all they suggested was trying a different browser - IE7 or Slim Browser. I tried IE7 with similar problem - can't even get signed in on Topcash via IE.

There's an old saying "you get what you pay for". In this case, I would suspect in this case that you may pay dearly looking for easy money! The browsers are doing their best to protect your system. And your ISP may have a filter for this site. At any rate, I can't offer any more help for this.

I followed instructions here :- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82489&hl=cannot+connect

& using ping saw that packets were sent & received from clkuk.tradedoubler.com

Does this mean that it is some application on my PC preventing connection? I have looked for settings in SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster, Sygate Firewall which might account for the problem connecting, but so far nothing shows up. I have whitelisted clkuk.tradedoubler in Adblock Plus.
Does anyone know what the grey exclamation marks denote in the attached screenshot from AdblockPlus?

It would appear that these items aren't available to filter.

Your system, for whatever reason, is setting up road blocks for, I'm guessing, security, to protect the system. It is even possible that your ISP may not allow access to the site. I am unable to help you further.

Surely "It is even possible that your ISP may not allow access to the site" this would not allow PING response?

Well, you're on your own! I've done my best to tell you is site is full of junk. I've done my best to tell you there is a security problem. I've done my best to first "try" to help you work through it, while suggesting at the same time you forget the site.

I'm off this case.

Topcash problems - thanks to Bobbye

Just to thank you for saving me from my own pigheaded stupidity - did not know where to post thanks & since my brain power is running low I will hibernate.
Must sleep now,need to work on algorithm for derivatives trading, battery low warning, hamster wheel whirling, ... to sleep, perchance to dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back