TechSpot

cannot connect to dsl/broadband internet...

By lamensterms
Sep 25, 2007
  1. hey dudes,
    for about the last 2 years, ive had this broadband connection, and while ive had some issues with the connection...it has been tollerable. one of the most frequent issues i have is when i try to connect i get a white page in my browser with a title "web configuator" and it has 2 input fields asking for my username and password(both were supplied by my ISP). Now...from this screen i have two options...

1. if i enter my username and password...it will take me to my router/modem login screen, then i log in there it takes my to my router/modem setup and stuff. then when i log out of that i can then access the net.

2. if i dont enter my username and password, i can turn of my modem/router, then restart it and it will connect and i can access the net.

so ive been dealing with that and everything has been OKish.

now here is my new problem...

last night i was using the net and everything was fine, i closed my browser and was doing something else for about half an hour...when i opened my browser it went to the web config screen asking for 3 inputs. it asked for system password, ISP username and ISP password. ive tried both the solutions i listed above but i cannot get pass this screen. when i enter my IP address to try gain access to my router/modem, i get this same screen.

so at the moment i cannot get access to the internet at all.

does anyone know if i need a default system password (i havent set one)? or if there is any other way i can remedy this problem.

im using vista and my modem is a ZyXEL Prestige 2602HW, and my provider is TPG.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers.

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

I would suggest contacting your ISP about this.
    Regards

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.