cannot connect to dsl/broadband internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

hey dudes,
for about the last 2 years, ive had this broadband connection, and while ive had some issues with the connection...it has been tollerable. one of the most frequent issues i have is when i try to connect i get a white page in my browser with a title "web configuator" and it has 2 input fields asking for my username and password(both were supplied by my ISP). Now...from this screen i have two options...

1. if i enter my username and password...it will take me to my router/modem login screen, then i log in there it takes my to my router/modem setup and stuff. then when i log out of that i can then access the net.

2. if i dont enter my username and password, i can turn of my modem/router, then restart it and it will connect and i can access the net.

so ive been dealing with that and everything has been OKish.

now here is my new problem...

last night i was using the net and everything was fine, i closed my browser and was doing something else for about half an hour...when i opened my browser it went to the web config screen asking for 3 inputs. it asked for system password, ISP username and ISP password. ive tried both the solutions i listed above but i cannot get pass this screen. when i enter my IP address to try gain access to my router/modem, i get this same screen.

so at the moment i cannot get access to the internet at all.

does anyone know if i need a default system password (i havent set one)? or if there is any other way i can remedy this problem.

im using vista and my modem is a ZyXEL Prestige 2602HW, and my provider is TPG.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back