Cannot connect to internet via my ethernet card but can by my usb... WTF do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP ME COMPUTER EXPERTS OUT THERE, I CAN CONNECT TO THE INTERNERT VIA MY USB PORT WHICH I AM NOW BUT I WANT TO CONNECT THRU MY ETHERNET CARD :( sorry for the shouting... i dont know what to do when i conect wiv usb internet works when i connect thru ethernet it doesn't what is wrong:

1. my NIC is installed correctly
2. My internet connection works (obviously)

so what is wrong please is it got to do with the settings on my computer or the settings on my NIC cos i havn't a clue about these at all... or is it my ntl modem that wont let me connnect by ethernet

PLEASE HELP MEEEE :(

Connecting Ethernet

Hi i had exactly the same problem last night, i did as follows turn off P.C and MODEM fit the ethernet card ,DISCONNECT the old usb modem connection both ends,connect the Ethernet cable reboot and it should work,i didnt have to tweak any settings or anything hope this helps :)

pete is on target. You can not use both USB and Ethernet at the same time. Remove the usb cable. Connect the RJ45 (ethernet cable) to the nic and modem. Reboot the MODEM (unplug for 30 seconds) and reboot the PC. This will let the pc 'find' the ip address of the modem and tell the modem that it is running on a network cable not the usb cable. Basically the same as Pistol said, but more tech details. (yeah, I did do tech support for broadband.. lol)

Hi gbalkam :wave:

And welcome to TechSpot.

I'm glad to see you're avidly posting..... only you're digging up some really old threads! (look at posting date in upper left of a post)

Try using the Today's Posts link you'll find under Forums towards the top of your screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back