Cannot find primary drive 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqchip

K I just got a dell dimension 1100 from my sister last week was working fine at first but now when I turn on the computer it says "cannot find primary drive 0... press f1 to something or f2 to something".

Heres what I did to the computer =/. When I first got it i reformatted the drive and installed in window xp pro sp3. Then I installed in another cd rom and softwares and games, was still working good. The next day while i was playing starcraft a blue screen pop up and said " somthing kernel bug... somthing new hardware or software might not work with windows please check... physical memory being dumped". So i restarted the computer and didnt really think much of it and try to play again=/. After the 4th time I notice the computer was running and booted up slower. So I thought hmm that blue screen is a problem, it could be the new cd rom or softwares i installed. So I decided to reformat the drive and take out the cd rom and install in window xp home sp 2 this time. After that while installing back the chipset, video, and audio drivers the blue screen pop up again:(. When I was finish installing everything and a few blue screen restart the computer was running really slow. So i decided to reformat it for the third time =l. But this time there was a problem while installing in windows so i had to restart it before it was done installing. After a few unsuccessful try to install in window xp, i thought it could either be the cd rom, hard drive, or the whole motherboard thing. So then I took out the hard drive and install it in my other desktop thinking i can reformat and install windows from that desktop =/. Which didnt work so i plug it back in and try to reformat it again. But now it says cannot find primary drive 0 when i boot the computer. I've tried everything i could somebody please help me.

I expect so

But you may be better to run the diagnostics (link above) before doing this
Just to confirm that it is the drive (you never know with computers!)

It's a bootable CD (like Windows) that checks your HardDrive (you need to select your model (label on the drive)

Or just replace it I suppose, it's about 90% assured Hard Drive failure anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back