Cannot get rid of 'Antivirus Live' Virus

By Louiseshearman8
Dec 8, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I cannot seem to get rid of the virus entitled 'Antivirus Live', it is one of those viruses(or malaware i'm not sure) that poses as a antivirus program and just bogs down the computer. I've tried the steps instructed in this thread:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
    Nothing pops up anymore and i've run Superantispyware, Avira and Malawarebytes anti malaware many times and they've stopped picking up viruses. However I know there is still a virus somewhere because everytime i go into firefox,chrome or ie and try to watch a Divx movie the browser has to shut down (and displays a message asking to send a report or not) My computer is also slightly slower.
    I've reinstalled all the browsers, and java. To no Avail. I don't know what to do next. I can't do system restore either, every time i try it just says that I can't restore to that point. HELP!!
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

If you want malware WE need to see the logs from the three program!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.