Jul 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have the same Pop-up Problem

Here is my log
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

Why not use a free program like Ad-Aware to remove the spyware/adware rather than doing it manually. I personally think it just saves time. Or is doing it the long way better?
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Ad-Aware won`t get rid of lots of different viruses/spyware etc. In fact no single programme will. That`s why it`s important to attack viruses/spyware with lots of differnt utilities. There are very specific infections that require specific tools in order to get rid of them.

The likes of Ad-aware/SS&D/Ewido etc are all very good programmes. However they won`t clean a system that is infected with a lot of todays trojans/spyware/viruses etc.

Once Brumi has followed the instructions and posted his fresh HJT log, I will be able to tell him whether his HJT log is clean or not. And if not, what other instructions to complete.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.