Cannot install any anti-virus,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Windows XP Home Edition as a user with administrator. But I can't install any anti-virus program, or anything else for that matter. It keeps saying I don't have sufficient access to certain keys, but I'm on an administrator account. I was thinking about just reinstalling windows again, but that takes too long. I can't install anything in safe mode either.

Hello, Ryuman123, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try making a new account and set it as an administrator then try installing something :)

Would you please write out the exact phrase/error message that you are getting. Not 'having access to certain keys' is one that I have never seen before. It must read differently. The exact wording is important to troubleshoot the problem. Sorry to be picky, but there are a bunch of different messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back