TechSpot

Cannot install any application on Vista

By 19giugno
Sep 1, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there,
    I have a Samsung laptop equipped with Vista Home Premium. Since few days, every single application I try to install, fails. It downloads correclty, but when it comes to install it, I got weird messages about corrupted files, invalid file names or directories, NSIS errors.

I tried to install all the antispaware applications I got in mind, malwarebytes, superantispyware, prevx, hijackthis. Malwarebytes and superantispyware failed with one of the errors above; prevx was installed fine, after it ran, it said that there were a couple of files infected with a trojan called crypt.bno (I googled around, but could not find anything to remove it); hijackthis also installed fine, but when it runs, while collecting the info, it comes up with an error happening at the modmain_checkother4item() procedure.

The same results if I start in safe mode.

I don't know what else to try...

Regards,
    D.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,837   +164

Download and run free Avast antivirus. Remove, Quarantine, or Rename & Remove any malware Avast finds. In other words, take positive action
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.